Greenford is one of the ancient parishes of Middlesex. In 1894 it became part of Greenford Urban District, along with the neighbouring parishes of Perivale and West Twyford. Greenford Urban District was abolished in 1926, being incorporated into Ealing Municipal Borough, which in turn was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Ealing in Greater London.
Greenford is a large suburb in the London Borough of Ealing in west London, UK. It was historically an ancient parish in the former county of Middlesex. The most prominent landmarks in the suburb are Horsenden Hill, above sea level; the small Parish Church of Holy Cross (14th century); and Betham House, built by Edward Betham (c. 1780). Greenford is known as 'the product of legends'.