Harrow, also known as Harrow on the Hill, is one of the ancient parishes of Middlesex. It was a large parish, containing several other villages besides the town of Harrow on the Hill itself. Gradually these other villages became parishes themselves. Pinner broke away first, becoming a parish by 1766, whilst Wembley, Wealdstone and Harrow Weald all became independent of Harrow in 1894. At the same time, the much reduced parish of Harrow was made an Urban District. In 1934 Harrow Urban District was enlarged, reclaiming all the above mentioned places which had broken away from it, with the exception of Wembley. It also gained the two parishes of Stanmore and Little Stanmore (which were abolished) at the same time. Harrow became a Municipal Borough in 1954, which in turn became the London Borough of Harrow in 1965.
Harrow is a large town in the London Borough of Harrow, northwest London, United Kingdom. Harrow was a municipal borough of Middlesex before its inclusion in Greater London in 1965. Harrow is home to a large University of Westminster campus and is widely known for Harrow School, with Harrow County School also located in the area.