Place:West Twyford, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameWest Twyford
Alt namesTwyford Abbeysource: Vision of Britain
TypeParish
Coordinates51.535°N 0.287°W
Located inMiddlesex, England     ( - 1965)
See alsoWillesden, Middlesex, Englandancient parish of which it was a part until 1866
Greenford, Middlesex, Englandurban district to which it was joined in 1894
Ealing, Middlesex, Englandmunicipal borough which the urban district joined in 1926
Ealing (London Borough), Greater London, EnglandLondon Borough into which the municipal borough was transferred in 1965
source: Family History Library Catalog


West Twyford, also known as Twyford Abbey, was historically a chapelry of the parish of Willesden, becoming a separate parish in its own right in 1866. In 1894 it became part of Greenford Urban District, along with the neighbouring parishes of Perivale and Greenford. Greenford Urban District was abolished in 1926, being incorporated into Ealing Municipal Borough, which in turn was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Ealing in Greater London.

Research Tips