Numbers [3 feb 2013]
Moi Jennifer, All numbers on these pages can be removed?
- Family:Charles Mowatt and Helen Mowatt (1) Groet, --Lidewij 12:05, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Hi Lidewij, yes the UID and RIN numbers can be removed from pages. --Jennifer (JBS66) 12:13, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Dank --Lidewij 12:17, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
And this ..MySource:Angeld/1861 Census? Speedy Delete? --Lidewij 17:05, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Not Speedy Delete, too much Whatlinkshere
- A link to the original source would be better, but my English is too bad to find it.
- Groet, Lidewij 07:06, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- I agree with you - too many "what links here" to delete. Also, we generally don't mark MySources for Speedy Delete. First, there are just too many that are "junk" like this one, and second, there are only a couple of administrators who process items in Speedy Delete. --Jennifer (JBS66) 07:14, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Also, WR has Source pages for Source:Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census and Source:Scotland. 1841 Scotland Census --Jennifer (JBS66) 07:26, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Dank Dank, WeRelate brings you more than you can imagine. How do I fill this here correctly?
- I focus more on care WeRelate, than gedcoms new to add. (and learning) Gedcoms comes later sometimes. Groet, Lidewij 07:35, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
Graag gedaan! Learning is good - and there are certainly a lot of pages that can use your detailed help :)
Regarding fixing the MySource:
1.I would look at Angeld's contributions and notice they uploaded a GEDCOM in 2009 and have not returned to WeRelate.
2.Go to What links here for the 1861 MySource and click on the first person Alexander Stephen (1)
3.Edit Alexander's page to remove the UID and RIN numbers. Also change the MySource to Source and change the Title for the 1841, 1861, and 1881 Scotland censuses. So:
- MySource:Angeld/1841 Census --> Source:Scotland. 1841 Scotland Census
- MySource:Angeld/1861 Census --> Source:Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census
- MySource:Angeld/1881 Census --> Source:Scotland. 1881 Scotland Census
4.Save the page
Also, if you are also interested in helping on Dutch pages, I added some suggestions on Portal:Netherlands (Nederland) under Hulp gevraagd. --Jennifer (JBS66) 08:12, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Jennifer I came to the gedcom Angeld of the new countries, Gourdon_Scotland and Inverbervie_Scotland. These countries, caused by the absence of the comma. I had already seen the Angeld's contributions, it is still manageable. What should I make Family:Robert Mowatt and Jane Gordon (1) >> MySource:Angeld/Microfilm and Angeld / Microfilm, part of the M112546 from 1818 to 1854 0993310 Film 6902886 away.?
- Removal of data can I find scary, I want to be 100% sure. Also in numbers.
- Hulp gevraagd
- I also take place, but I also want some variety.
- Can I create new villages and hamlets, that have not yet link.
- Groet,--Lidewij 11:53, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- It looks like this is the source page for 6902885 and 6902886. But I was curious, is there an intro page someplace for Scotland censuses which mentions among other things that they are sourced Scotland-wide (given that US censuses are sourced by county)? (I looked in the obvious place; the source page and its heierarchy of categories. If there is a good introduction to censuses in Scotland, I'll add a link in the top category page.) --Pkeegstra 07:22, 23 June 2012 (EDT)
Lidewij: On the page for Family:Robert Mowatt and Jane Gordon (1), I would not delete "M112546 from 1818 to 1854 0993310 Film 6902886", that is information saying which microfilm they found the record. The UID and RIN numbers can be removed because they are numbers that are specific to one person's genealogy software and are not helpful to the general population on WeRelate. You asked if you can create new village and hamlet pages - do you mean for the Netherlands? You certainly can, if they are for the Netherlands remember that we title place pages as they were around 1900 in the form Dorp, Gemeente, Provincie, Netherlands or Gehucht, Gemeente, Provincie, Netherlands (we do not do this: Gehucht, Dorp, Gemeente, Provincie, Netherlands).
Pkeegstra: There do not appear to be standards detailed yet for Scotland census pages. Standards for the United States, Canada, England and Wales can be found at Help:Source_page_titles#Census_Records. --Jennifer (JBS66) 07:43, 23 June 2012 (EDT)
- I created a heierarchy of categories by date for censuses of Scotland and Ireland analogous to the one for England and Wales. I left a request at the top of the heierarchy for subject matter experts to provide content. --Pkeegstra 12:54, 6 July 2012 (EDT)
Indonesia [27 October 2012]
Category and TOC [1 jun 2012]
Image:Noorderbegraafplaats Leeuwarden Fr Ned.jpg
D Klingendorf D 18196 Klingendorf
Place:Klingendorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany
Place:Kavelstorf, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany