Place:Old Brentford, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameOld Brentford
TypeParish
Coordinates51.487°N 0.295°W
Located inMiddlesex, England
Also located inEaling, Middlesex, England     ( - 1894)
Brentford, Middlesex, England    
Greater London, England     (1965 - present)

Research Tips

Old Brentford was historically a chapelry of the parish of Ealing St Mary, becoming a civil parish in its own right in 1894. In 1894 Old Brentford and neighbouring New Brentford both became part ot Brentford Urban District. In turn, this merged with the neighbouring Chiswick Urban District in 1927 to form the Brentford and Chiswick Urban District. This was made a Municipal Borough in 1932. Brentford and Chiswick Municipal Borough was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Hounslow.