Hampton Wick, formerly a village, is a Thames-side area of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in London, England which is contiguous with two other districts, Teddington and Kingston upon Thames. It is buffered by a public green space, one of the Royal Parks of London from Hampton and Hampton Hill.
Economically much involved in market gardens until well into the twentieth century, with its motor and rail connections to London and such business areas as the M4 corridor its population is a mixture of commuters well within the London commuter belt. Its developed area is confined by Bushy Park and Hampton Court Park to its west and the River Thames to its east.
Hampton Wick was historically a hamlet in the parish of Hampton, but became a separate parish in its own right in 1866. It became an Urban District in 1894. In 1934 it was absorbed into Twickenham Urban District, which itself became part of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in 1965.