Cowley is a village with the town of Uxbridge in the London Borough of Hillingdon. A largely suburban village with 16 listed buildings, Cowley is 15.4 miles (24.8 km) west of Charing Cross, bordered to the west by Uxbridge Moor in the Green Belt and the River Colne, forming the border with Buckinghamshire. Cowley lies on a ridge above mean sea level.
Cowley is one of the ancient parishes of Middlesex. From 1894 to 1929 it was part of Uxbridge Rural District and from 1929 to 1938 it was part of Uxbridge Urban District. In 1938 all the parishes within Uxbridge Urban District were merged into the parish of Uxbridge. Since 1965 the former territory of Cowley has been part of the London Borough of Hillingdon.