|Located in||Gloucestershire, England ( - 1931)|
|Also located in||Warwickshire, England (1931 - )|
|See also||Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England||hundred in which the parish was located|
|Mickleton, Gloucestershire, England||parish of which it was a part|
|Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1931|
|Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England||district municipality in which it has been located since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: Clopton should not be confused with Clapton-on-the-Hill, a civil parish near Northleach, also in Gloucestershire.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Clopton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CLOPTON, a hamlet in Mickleton parish, Gloucester; 4¼ miles NNE of Chipping-Campden. Population: 27."
Clopton became a separate civil parish in 1866.
The parish of Clopton, which had been part of Campden Rural District since 1894, was transferred to Warwickshire in 1931 along with the neighbouring parishes of Admington and Quinton. A further explanation will be found under Campden Rural District.
There is no article in Wikipedia.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Mickleton, Gloucestershire, England | Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Warwickshire, England | Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England | Clopton, Gloucestershire, England