|Located in||Gloucestershire, England ( - 1931)|
|Also located in||Warwickshire, England (1931 - )|
|See also||Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England||hundred in which the parish was located|
|Mickleton, Gloucestershire, England||parish of which it was a part|
|Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1931|
|Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England||district municipality in which it has been located since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Quinton is a civil parish now in the Stratford-on-Avon District of Warwickshire, England, about six miles south of Stratford. According to the 2001 census it had a population of just over 1,500. The parish contains Upper Quinton and Lower Quinton. It lies on the Heart of England Way.
The parish of Quinton, which had been part of Campden Rural District since 1894, was transferred to Warwickshire in 1931 along with the neighbouring parishes of Admington and Clopton. A further explanation will be found under Campden Rural District.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI Gloucestershire and GENUKI Warwickshire give pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the individual counties. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire and The FamilySearch Wiki for Warwickshireprovides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of Gloucestershire. However, there is a series of 7 volumes for Warwickshire.
- Comparing a map of Gloucestershire parishes in 1900 with a map of Gloucestershire parishes made in the 1943 helps to illustrate how the county borders changed through this period.
- Ancestry.co.uk has recently added Gloucestershire Burials, 1813-1988; Confirmations, 1834-1913; Baptisms, 1813-1913; Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813; and Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938. (entry dated 1 Aug 2015)
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Warwickshire, England | Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England | Quinton, Gloucestershire, England