- H. James EakinEst 1735-1737 - Bef 1815
- W. Anne BeardABT 1749 - Bef 1769
m. Abt 1765
Facts and Events
James Eakin was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of James Eakins
From Rockbridge County Records:
- Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 1, pp. 238.
- WILL OF JAMES EAKIN WRITTEN 1785, PROBATED 1815:
- Ref: Rockbridge Co, VA Probate Records, vol 1, p 238:
- James Eakin, weak in body but of sound mind make this will on 24th day of March 1785 and
- 1. give my soul to God and leave my executors to give me a christian burial.
- 2. after the discharge of my debts, I give to my wife Esabella a third of my movable Estate and a third of my land while she remains my widow.
- if she marries and my youngest child is not of age, all remaining movable estate and land to be sold and my children will share as follows: 2 parts for each son and 1 part for each daughter.
- if she remains my widow and my youngest son becomes of age, all remaining movable estate and land to be sold and she to recieve a third of the said amount of money from land sale and my rifle only and the children to share as previously stated. The sorrel mare and colt to be sold to give cash to executors to pay any debt of mine.
- 3. I appoint James Henry and Andrew Moore sr to be my executors.
- Signed & sealed before us Robert Steel, Alexander Grear and Samuel Eakin.
- Probated 05 Oct 1815 with Samuel Eakin and James Patton providing security bond of five hundred pounds.
- [Source: http://files.usgwarchives.org/va/rockbridge/wills/will001a.txt]