Facts and Events
Henry McClung was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Henry McClung's land (Borden SW, 2 Tracts: 1) 70 acres patented to Henry McClung by Borden's Executors in 1764; 2) 150 acres sold to Henry McClung by his father, James McClung in 1765, part of the 390-acre tract sold to James by John McKay in 1763) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 532.--15th March, 1764. Same (From Borden's Executors) to Henry McClung, £11, 70 acres, part of 92100; corner Samuel Lyle; old corner to said McClung. Delivered: Henry McClung, 17th September, 1800.
- Page 345.--14th September, 1765. James McClung and Mary ( ) to Henry McClung, £60, 150 acres, part of 390 acres whereon James now liveth; corner tract belonging to Henry McClung. Teste: James Dryden, Samuel McClung. Delivered: James McClung, Jr., 7th April, 1796.
- MC CLUNG, HENRY
- Rockbridge Co., Va. Will filed May 4,1784.
- wife Easter
- s. James McClung
- s. Samuel McClung
- s. William McClung
- s. Henry McClung
- d. Margaret McClung
- d. Esther McClung
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Page 428.--Processioners appointed, viz: Hugh Crockett and Isaac Taylor, from head of Roanoke to Fort Lewis. Edward Carvin and Nathaniel Evans, from Fort Lewis down on Waters of Roanoke. Thomas McFerran, James Moore, Jr., James Alcorn, Wm. Rolands, on waters of Cuttawba and James River on South Side. James Simpson, John Maxwell, John Mitchell, Jonathan Whitley, between Buffelow and James River. Joseph Lapsley, Wm. Hall, Wm. Paxton, Saml. McClure, John Gilmer, Jonathan Cunningham, between Buffelow and North River to the North Mountain. John Lyle, David Gray, Wm. Caruthers, John Paul, from North River to Beveriey's Line on South Side of Burden's land road that leads to John Paxton's. William Kennady, Robt. Steel, Archibald Reach, William Reach, John Thompson (James's son), Henry McClung, from North River to Beverley's Line between the Great Road to the Court House by Cap. McDowell's and to North Mountain. William McFeeters, Jr., George Berry, James Sawyers, Jr., William Bell, Jr., from Burden's line to the Road that goes from Staunton to Jenning's Gap on the North Side of Kennady's Road.
- Page 126.--14lh May, 1768. William Taylor's estate appraised, by David Gray, Henry McClung, William Lusk.
- Page 478.--12th September, 1771. William Lusk's estate appraised by Henry McClung, Daniel Lyle, Wm. Ramsey. Statement of the part of above estate willed to wife, Elizabeth Lusk.
- Page 200--22d November, 1773.-- John Macky's will--To wife, Mary; to son, Henry, a plantation in Forks of James River in Botetourt County, 170 acres; to son, William, 360 acres the testator lives on; to daughter, Jane; to daughter, Mary: to daughter, Esther; to daughter, Betsy. "Until my children come to full age." Executors, wife Mary, brother-in-law Wm Porter, Henry McClung. Teste: Archibald Alexander, Joseph Reed, John Peoples. Proved, 15th March. 1774, by the witnesses. Executors qualify (Mary __ her mark) with Saml. McDowell. John Porter.
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT - 1775-- page 39, James Reah, Mill Creek, between Calf and Cow Pastures; George Elliot, Borden's Land; David Williamson, Borden's Land; Joseph Waughub, Pastures; John Hamilton, Tyger's Valley; Moses McClure, B. L.; Henry McClung, B. L. (Borden's Land); Robert Fearis, B. L.; Jacob Warwick, Greenbrier; Andrew Taylor, B. L.;
Information on Henry McClung
[Brøderbund WFT Vol. 2, Ed. 1, Tree #6075, Date of Import: May 3, 2006]
- ↑ Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1. (Release date: November 29, 1995), Tree #6075.
Date of Import: May 3, 2006
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Judith McClung (e-mail: jmcclung@@cland.net). The McClung Family Association Web Site.
- Find A Grave.
County Dublin, Ireland
Death: Feb. 3, 1784
Timber Ridge (Rockbridge County)
"Henry McClung: Departed this life Feb. 3, 1784 - aged 45 years"
Help fund new features!