We are the Chosen
We are the chosen. In each family there is one who seems called to find the ancestors. To put flesh on their bones and make them live again, to tell the family story and to feel that somehow they know and approve.
Doing genealogy is not a cold gathering of facts but, instead, breathing life into all have gone before. We are the story tellers of the tribe.
All tribes have one. We have been called, as it were, by our genes. Those who have gone before cry out to us:
"Tell our story" So, we do.
- I am a genealogist with over 10 years' experience researching both in the United States and the Netherlands.
- I specialize in the provinces of Groningen & Drenthe, Netherlands and the Dutch settlement areas of Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Massachusetts.
- In addition to my research skills, I am an experienced project manager and Database Administrator and speak Dutch, English, German, Frisian and Gronings.
- My roots are in the 3 Northern Provinces of the Netherlands:(Friesland, Groningen, Drenthe) and in Germany (Nord Rhein Westphalen & Ost Friesland)
- I'm always working on several projects and solving "puzzles" at the same time, On someof them I work together with Jennifer
Watch my "PROJECT PAGE" for a complete overview of my projects
- Groningen, Friesland & Drenthe Genealogy on Facebook
- Friesland, Groningen & Drenthe Genealogy on Facebook
- Emigrants from Friesland, Groningen and Drenthe/GRONINGEN
- Emigrants from Friesland, Groningen and Drenthe/Drenthe
- www.henksmidtman.nl, my personal website
- Me on Facebook
- Me on Google+
- * Hendrik Koopman
- * Drowning at Lake Calumet
- * Grandparents of Golfplayer Kevin Streelman
- * Famous Baseballplayer of Dutch descent: Fred Luderus
- * Hendrik Meijer Founder of Meijers
- * Klaas Wildeboer from Oude Pekela, Dutch Minister who died before migration. His wife & children came with Albertus van Raalte on the Dank Caasliest