Place:Yiewsley, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameYiewsley
TypeParish
Coordinates51.513°N 0.473°W
Located inMiddlesex, England
Also located inHillingdon, Middlesex, England     ( - 1896)
Greater London, England     (1965 - present)

Research tips

Yiewsley was historically a chapelry of the parish of Hillingdon, becoming a separate parish in its own right in 1896. From 1896 to 1911 it was part of Uxbridge Rural District and from 1911 to 1949 it was part of Yiewsley and West Drayton Urban District. In 1949 all the parishes within Yiewsley and West Drayton Urban District were merged into the parish of Yiewsley and West Drayton. Since 1965 the former territory of Yiewsley has been part of the London Borough of Hillingdon.