|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England (1866 - 1955)|
|See also||Falstone, Northumberland, England||civil parish from which it was formed in 1866|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient division in which it was located|
|Falstone, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was part transferred in 1955|
|Kielder, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was part transferred in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Wellhaugh from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WELLHAUGH, a township in Falstone parish, Northumberland; 12 miles WNW of Bellingham. Acres: 29,475. Population in 1851: 333; in 1861: 522. Houses: 80.
Wellhaugh was formed as a civil parish in 1866 from part of the parish of Falstone. Prior to 1866 it had been a township within Falston parish. In 1955, with the growth of the Kielder Forest, the parish borders of the area were redrawn and Wellhaugh was split between the newly formed Kielder civil parish (15,107 acres) and the re-formed Falstone parish (18,697 acres). (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
There is no article in Wikipedia and Wellhaugh is not marked on Google Earth. Co-ordinates are estimated from the position of Falstone and Kielder Water.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.