Sutton has been since 1974 a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, in the north west of England. It lies to the north east of Frodsham and contains the village of Sutton Weaver (redirected here).
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sutton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Sutton became a civil parish in 1866. It was located in Runcorn Registration District and Runcorn Rural District. In 1936 it absorbed the neighbouring parish of Clifton. It is now in an industrial belt to the south of the centre of Runcorn.