Kearsley (or archaically Kersley) is, since 1974, a town in the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton, in Greater Manchester, England. It lies about 8 miles (13 km) northwest of Manchester, 4.9 miles (7.9 km) south-west of Bury, and about 3 3⁄4 miles (6.0 km) south of Bolton.
Kearsley was a township in the ancient ecclesiastical parish of Deane, in the Hundred of Salford. Kearsley was an urban district in Lancashire, England from 1894 until 1974. In 1933, part of Clifton was added to Kearsley Urban District. It includes the hamlet of Ringley (which is redirected here).