- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Grange from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "GRANGE, an extra-parochial hamlet in Medway district, Kent; on the river Medway, adjacent to the Chatham and Dover railway, 1 mile E of New Brompton [railway] station, and 2½ ENE of Chatham. It is a member of the cinque port of Hastings; and it belonged to the families of Hastings, Philipotts, and Bamines. Acres: 415; of which 190 are water. Population: 206. Houses: 43. A small chapel, in perpendicular architecture, was built here by Sir John Philipott, in the time of Richard II.; and is now used as an outhouse."