|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Doddington, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Glendale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Coupland, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it absorbed in 1955|
|Lanton, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ewart from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
EWART, a township in Doddington parish, Northumberland; between the rivers Till a Glen, 4 miles NNW of Wooler. Acres: 1,512. Population: 133. Houses: 26. Ewart Park is the seat of Sir Horace St. Paul, Bart.
Ewart was originally a township in the ancient parish of Doddington, Northumberland. It became a separate civil parish in 1866 and in 1955 absorbed the civil parishes of Coupland and Lanton.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.