- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Caversfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CAVERSFIELD, a parish in Bicester [registration] district, Oxford; near the Oxford and Bletchley railway, 1½ mile N of Bicester. Post Town: Bicester. Acres: 1,200. Real property: £2,142. Population: 183. Houses: 30. The property is divided among a few. Caversfield House is the seat of the Marsham family. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value: £69. Patron: R. B. Marsham, Esq. The church is old, of various dates, but good; and has a Norman porch and a very ancient font."
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Caversfield is a village and civil parish about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north of the centre of Bicester. In 1844 Caversfield became part of Oxfordshire, but until then it was always an exclave of Buckinghamshire. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 1,788.