|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Durham, England|
|See also||Durham St. Oswald, Durham, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Chester Ward, Durham, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Durham Rural, Durham, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Brandon and Byshottles, Durham, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1937|
|Bearpark, Durham, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1937|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Broom from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BROOM, a township in St. Oswald parish, Durham city; 2 miles W of Durham. Acres: 1,029. Real property: £1,534. Population: 136. Houses: 26."
Broom was a township in the ancient parish of Durham St. Oswald. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1937 it was part of Durham Rural District. In 1937 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed between the parishes of Brandon and Byshottles and Bearpark.
Categories: Durham, England | Broom, Durham, England | Durham St. Oswald, Durham, England | Chester Ward, Durham, England | Durham Rural, Durham, England | Brandon and Byshottles, Durham, England | Bearpark, Durham, England