Bearpark is a village and civil parish in County Durham in England. It is situated two and a half miles west of Durham, and a short distance to the north of Ushaw Moor. The name may be a corruption of the French term Beau Repaire – meaning "beautiful retreat". Half a mile to the north of the present village lies the ruins of Beaurepaire Priory, built in the 13th century by monks from Durham Cathedral. Bearpark later became a coal mining village until 1984, when the mine was closed.
Bearpark Community centre is at the hub of the local village, a red brick building originally built in 1921 as a miners welfare hall. An old pit wheel stands in front of the building, a memorial to the village's mining history.