Facts and Events
||William Isom Meadors
||William Isham Meadows
||Kentucky, United States
||Knox, Kentucky, United States
||1 Sep 1822
||Whitley, Kentucky, United Statesto Sarah Meadors
||Whitley, Kentucky, United StatesAppears on tax list
||6 Mar 1828
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statessold his share of father's estate
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statesmentioned in father's probate, not resident in Indiana
||Whitley, Kentucky, United States
||Bloomington, Monroe, Indiana, United States
||Bef 22 Oct 1853
||Indiana, United States
||22 Oct 1853
||Monroe, Indiana, United Statessons Isom and Riley sign bond for Isom as guardian of minor siblings Pleasant W., Wade H., Cornelias, and Paulina Meadows
||25 Oct 1853
||Monroe, Indiana, United Statesson Isom petitions court to sell father's real estate (sold 28 Oct 1853)
- ↑ Kentucky, Knox County, in United States. 1810 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Isom Meadows, 4 males under 10 [William Isom, Thomas, John, Isaiah], 1 male 26-44, 1 female under 10 [Keziah], 1 female 10-15 [Edda], 1 female 26-44
- ↑ Montgomery County (Indiana) Deed Records; Montgomery County Recorder’s Office, Crawfordsville, Indiana, Volume 1, p. 224, Nov 1823-Oct 1830, Primary quality.
Know all men by these presents
Isom Meadows and Sarah his wife of Montgomery County, Indiana
Were paid $20 by Christopher Johnston of same place
For which Isom and Sarah “grant bargain Sell alien release Convey and Confirm and forever Quit Claim”
The E1/2 of the SW1/4, S2, R5W, T19N
Also the W1/2 of the SE1/4, Section same Range and Township
“and was purchased by my late Father Isom Meadows at the Land Office at Crawfordsville and the part here intended to be conveyed is one part of the same as heirs of the said Deceased.”
Signed 6 March 1828, Isom x his mark Meadows, Sarah x her mark Meadows
Witnesses James Man, John W. Martin
On 6 March 1828 William Brutton, JP, said the above named grantors personally appeared before him and acknowledged the signing and sealing of the deed of conveyance for the purposes therein named and expressed.
Recorded 6 March 1828
- ↑ Isham Meadows Probate Records, in Meadows Family Documents, Primary quality.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Kentucky, Whitley, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Meadors, William, 2 m < 5 [Isom, Riley], 1 m 20-29 [William Isom], 1 f < 5 [unknown], 1 f 5-9 [Elizabeth], 1 f 20-29 [Sarah]
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bloomington District 74, Monroe County, Indiana; FHL #0442939, in United States. Census Office. 7th census, 1850. Indiana, 1850 federal census : population schedules. (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1964), HH 126, Fam 126.
Meadows, Isom, age 50, m, laborer, RE=$100, b. KY
, Sarah, 48, f, b. KY
, Thomas, 16, m, laborer, b. KY
, Pleasant, 14, m, b. KY
, Wade, 11, m, b. IN
, Cornelis, 5, m, b. IN
, Paulina, 1, f, b. IN
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 William Isom Meadows Probate, in Meadows Family Documents, Primary quality.
- ↑ Collen Wilburn, in Meadows Family email, Secondary quality.
WILLIAM ISOM MEADOWS b: Abt. 1800 KY
- ↑ Whitley County (Kentucky). Tax Assessor. Tax books, 1819-1875. (Frankfort, Kentucky: Kentucky State Historical Society, 1952-1953), Primary quality.
1823, Isham Meadows, 1 horse, $100
1824, Isham Medows, 1 horse, $100
1825, Isam Medors, 1 horses, $65
1826, Isham Meadors, 50 acres 2nd rate, Becks Cr, 1 horse, $100
1827, Isam Meadows, 50 acres, Beccas Cr, 1 horse, $80
1829, Isam Meadows
1829, Sally Meadows, 100 acres, Becks Cr, $100
1830, Isam Meadors, 50 acres, Cumb Riv, 1 horse, $100
1833, Isam Meadors, 50 acres, C Riv, 1 horse, $100
1835, Isam Meadors, $35, 1 voter [no other white males 21 or older in household]
1836, Isom Meadors, 100 acres, Gelico Creek, $50
- ↑ Although Isom Meadows gave his age as fifty in the 1850 Census, he was not born until after August 1800 as he does not appear in the 1800 Census. Since he does not appear on the tax lists for Whitley County, Kentucky until 1823, which included all white males age 21 and over whether or not they owned land, an estimated birth date of about 1802 seems most likely.
Help fund new features!