Facts and Events
Thomas Lackey was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Thomas Lackey
Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 4, p. 63. (Abstract)
Thomas Lackey's Will
- To Beloved wife Agness, house and all furniture to be divided with her and granddaughter Agnes Lackey.
- To granddaughter Agness Lackey, 1 horse worth $70.00, 2 cows and $60.00 in money.
- To grandson Samuel Lackey, 1 bed and furniture. Plantation. To take care of grandmother.
- Any money or bonds at my decease to divide equally between Samuel, Thomas, and Nathan Lackey, sons of James Lackey.
- $50.00 to each child 1 year after my decease, then $5.00 yearly till all are paid.
- Wife Agness to receive $100.00, 2 cows which shall be returned to the said Samuel and Agnes Lackey my grandchildren, at her decease.
- Said Samuel Lackey to give my beloved wife Agnes sufficient maintainence of grain and meat and everything she needs.
- Sameul Lackey, my grandson, - Plantation where I now love, my shop and all tools belonging to it, all farming tools; stock such as cows, hogs and sheep.
- Appoints James Lackey and Samuel Lackey executors.
- Signed: Thomas Leckey
- Joseph Wilson
- John McKnight
- Wm. Wilson
- Made 15 January 1814. Proven 3 October 1814.