- Richard ElliottABT 1736 - 1799
- Mary ElliottABT 1750 - ABT 1787
Facts and Events
Col. Richard Elliott was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Richard Elliott in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 512.--21st May, 1772. Robert Graham's estate settled; Ralph Laferty, administrator. 1766, August--Paid Mathew Wilson, Richard Ellet.
- Page 348.--__ _____, 1772. James Stewart's estate appraised-- Notes of, viz: Richard Elliott, Jas. Scoolcraft, Daniel McLean (by the road), Patt. Hamilton by road, Charles Firnelson by road. Darby Connly by road, Geo. Westfall by the road, by a private balance of Ginsang by Ralph Stewart.
- Page 87.--Vendue bill of above James Stewart, deceased, 1772, to, viz: Richard Eliot, Wm. Haddon.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 17, 1774. - (327) Road from Joseph Gregory's to William Hamilton's, on Monongahela River, to be viewed by Jacob Warrick, John Warrick, Richard Eliot and Ralph Stuart.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1774. - (468)) Ephraim Richardson and Wm. Martin--road surveyors from Francis Wier's, on Monongahela River, to Thorny Creek, on waters of Greenbrier. John Warwick, Richard Elliott and Ralph Stewart are exempted from working on above road until it is built. William Hadden is ordered to clear from Thorny Creek to Nap's Creek, with tithables living below him on Nap's Creek, and from Alexr. Dunlap's to William Sharp's on Greenbrier. Jacob Warwick, road overseer, from William Warwick's to Back Creek, with tithables from Thomas Cartmell's up Greenbrier to the head and down Nap's Creek to Moses Moore's.
- Page 259.--15th July, 1782. John Vance's estate appraised by John Davis, Alex. Hamilton, Richard Eliot.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1782 (C). - Robert Hale vs. John Offel.--Contract of lease by plaintiff to defendant, 4th November, 1778, of the plantation whereon Richard Eliott and Wm. Ramsey lived and known by the name of Fort Dinwiddie. "The tenant was not to meddle with the fort which plaintiff and his neighbors had erected for their mutual safety. Has burnt and destroyed it." Writ, 22d May, 1780.
- Page 14.-(undated, appears to be abt. March 1783)-Part of tract on Jacksons River, patented William Jackson, deceased. Teste: John Dean, Richard Elliote, James McLean.
Information on Richard Elliott
- 32. Colonel Richard Elliott335,336, born 1736 in At Sea, en route to America from England337; died Aug 1799 in Montgomery County, Kentucky338. He was the son of 64. John Elliott. He married 33. Mary Catherine Stuart.
- 33. Mary Catherine Stuart339, born 1742 in Donegal, Donegal, Ireland; died 1775 in Virginia. She was the daughter of 66. James Robert Stuart and 67. Mary Anne Lafferty.
- More About Colonel Richard Elliott:
- Military: Revolutionary Forces of Virginia340
- Note 1: 21 May 1772, Settlement of Robert Graham's estate pd Richard Elliott, Augusta County, Virginia
- Note 2: 17 Mar 1774, Road near Monongahila River viewed by...Richard Elliott & Ralph Stuart.341
- Note 3: 1783, Harrison Co Virginia, Tax List - Richard Elliott - 11 white souls.
- Children of Richard Elliott and Mary Stuart are:
- 16 i. James Stuart Elliott, born 10 Dec 1770 in Augusta County, Virginia; died 26 May 1857 in Morgan County, Kentucky; married (1) Hannah Scott 1792 in Hardy County, West Virginia; married (2) Mary (Polly) Maloney 22 Oct 1821 in Floyd County, Kentucky.
- ii. Isabella Elliott342, born 1771 in Augusta County, Virginia342; died 21 May 1822 in Sullivan County, Indiana342; married John Haddon 26 Apr 1785 in Harrison County, West Virginia; born 1761; died 19 Jun 1819 in Sullivan County, Indiana.
- iii. David Elliott342, born 1772 in Augusta County, Virginia
- iv. Hamilton Elliott342,343, born 1773 in Fleming County, Kentucky344; died in Fleming County, Kentucky; married Elizabeth Walden 18 Dec 1800 in Montgomery County, Kentucky; born 1783 in Fleming County, Kentucky; died in Fleming County, Kentucky.
- More About Hamilton Elliott:
- Land Grant: 22 Aug 1826, 50 acres, Scotts Creek
- Residence: 1820, Fleming County, Kentucky
- v. Ephraim D. Elliott346,347, born 1774 in Pennsylvania
- More About Ephraim D. Elliott:
- Date born 2: 1765, Augusta County, Virginia
- Occupation: 1850, Stiller
- Residence 1: 1860, Carter County, Kentucky - houshold of Jane Elliott, widow of John Lisle Elliott350
- Residence 2: 1850, Carter County, Kentucky, in houshold of John Lisle Elliott
- vi. Ralph Elliott351, born 1775 in Augusta County, Virginia
- vii. Richard Elliott351, born 1777 in Augusta County, Virginia
- viii. Catherine Elliott351, born 1780 in Augusta County, Virginia; died 1845 in Sevier County, Arkansas; married Richard Francis Hopkins; born 1776 in Washington County, Pennsylvania; died 1838 in Red River County, Texas.
- ix. John Elliott351, born 1789 in Augusta County, Virginia351; died 1801 in Kentucky351
- More About John Elliott:
- Date born 2: Abt. 1773, Augusta County, Virginia
- Cause of Death: Murdered
- Source: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/u/l/Nola-H-Bull/GENE6-0007.html#CHILD1996620802