b.17 March 1722/23
Facts and Events
Jacob Peters was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 561.--__ March, 1764. Francis Kirtley and Elisabeth to Jacob Peters, £40, 270 acres on head branches of Elk Run at the foot of the Blue Ridge; corner to Early's land.
- Page 738.--21st November, 1764. Zebulon ( ) Harrison and Reubin Harrison, executors of John Harrison, deceased, to Jacob Peters, £90, 400 acres on a branch of South Branch of Potomac called West Fork of Mill Creek. Delivered: Moses Hinkle, 31st July, 1793.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (422) Landred Hyard, Landred Hyard, Jr., Rudy Hard, Martin Job, Jacob Job, Luke Collins, Jacob Peters, Jacob Peters, Jr., Martin Peters, John Dunkill, George Dunkill, Peter Moore, Jacob Siver, George Muse, Henry Faney, George Dove, Thomas Dove, Jr., George Yockham, Henry Spear, Samue1 Henderson, added to list of tithables.
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS. - 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: ...Wm. Carvin, Jr.; Christian, ye gunsmith; Cuthrie, ye hunter; Cornelis Denskill; Cornelius Donohoo, Hugh Donely, Robt. Duffie, Andrew Elliot, Sam'l Ferguson, Ro. Galloway, Rich'd Gregory, Alex. Hamilton, Valentine Hart, Adam Jorden, Thos. Mulbam, Jno. Martin, Ro. Montgomery (Sr. and Jr.), Jno. Muldrough, James McCay. Jno. McCappin, Moses Man, Wm. Miller, Jacob Petters, Lofty Pullin, Eldad Reed, Frederick Stull, Dan'l Shaw, Jno. Taylor, Jno. Wood, Jno. Warnock, Jno. Williams, Mich'l Wallace, Jno. Martin, Wm. Miller, Craig's Creek.
- Vol. 2 - Page 164.-[27th November, 1755: Vestry met. Processioners designated as follows, viz (to report before 1st March next)]: -John Harrison, Jr., and Daniel Smith, in Captain Daniel Harrison's Company. Thomas Moore and David Robinson, in Captain Ephraim Love's Company, and to head of Brock's Gap. Mathew Patton1 and Wm. Dyer, on South Fork of the Branch of Patowmack. Jacob Peters and Henry Landcisco, on Mill Creek and Shelton's tract.
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS: 1756--In ye lower end of Augusta County: John Brown, Christian Clemon, Evan Evans, Constable; Rubin Harrison, Constable; Andrew Hislep. John Love, Jacob Lingle, Barnet Mathews, Valentine Mackey. Darby Sullivan, Dan'l Sullivan, Wm. Smith, Jas. Sterns, Anthony Bogart, Thos. Craford, Jno. Davies, Jno. Fowler, Geo. Fulls, Denis Henry, Nicholas Harbolt, Rich'd Neely, Jacob Peeter, John Rechart, Ranl. McDonell, Constable; Andrew Smith, Adam Weese, Jacob and John Yount, James Haris, Wm. Fleming, Jno. Hutchins, Sr.; Jno. Noble, Thos. Meems, Constable; Wm. Burnet, Jno. Barber, Patt Carigan, David Evins, Denis McAniney, Nicholas Nutt, Mark Stalet, deceased; Mich'l Watson, James Hollas, Thos. McClenachan, Jno. Neeley, Jno. Pott, Wm. Acres, Wm. Hughes, Mathias Youkam, Nicholas Clause, David Crochan, Peeter Harmon, Wm. Hopwood, Windle Evert, Mathias Lerth, Mich'l March, Jno. Morrey, Dan'l Ramey, no distress; Patt Sullivan, Jno. Sleter, Fred'k Stoneberry, Robt. Scott, Jno. Blar, David Carlock, Manus Deker, Pat Fitzpatrick, Jno. Fulton, Jno. Havine, Judy Mason, Martin Peeter, James Ramsey, James McGill, John Sheats, Jno. Theobald Magaham, Joseph and Geo. Weese, Chas. Sinclar, James Bogan, Jos. Hall, Jno. Heague, Chas. Wilson, Jas. Barton, not found; Geo. Bartley, Nicholas Carpenter, Thos. Dove, Jr.; Andrew Earnest, Thos Mullen, Mich'l Penny, Jno. Sope, Jas., Walter and Hugh Crockett; Wm., Geo. and Thos. Harbeson; Jas., Jno., Thos., Wm. Montgomery.
- Vol. 2 - A Register of the persons who have been either killed, wounded or taken prisoner by the enemy in Augusta County, as also of such as have made their escape. 1757 February.--Six children of Jacob Peters, at South Branch, prisoner, 1 escaped.
- Page 75.--19th August, 1761. Daniel Smith's settlement of estate of Henry Lawrence approved and recorded--Paid Gabriel Pickins, Hugh Hamilton, Windle Siver, Peter Finiman (Vaneman?) Sale bill, viz: To David Nelson, Thos. Feemster, Martin Shoob, Jacob Peters, Jacob Goodman.
- Vol. 1 - 1762. Memorandum of ye weight of bacon bought from Jacob Petter, 361, at 4 1/2 == £6, 15, 4 1/2. April ye 12th, 1756. Received from Jacob Petter 287 1/2 pounds of bacon for the use of Capt. Israel Christy's men, I say. Received by us more eight pounds and three-quarters. (Signed) George Bigham, Robert Armstrong. To Capt. Israel Christy, or Lieut. Alexander Wright. (Endorsed.) Capt. Christian says he has paid the above.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1762 (B). - John Harrison vs. Jacob Peters.--Ejected.
- Vol. 2 - [Page 377.--Processioners appointed as follows, viz (1764)]: Page 379.--James Scott, James McCay, Thomas Feemster, Wm. Black, from the Head to the Mouth of the Cowpasture and waters thereof. Hugh Hicklin and Saml. Wilson (Willson) in the Bull Pasture and waters thereof. James Dyer and John Davies, Mark Swadley, Boston Hoover, on south Fork of Potowmack. George Hammer, Joseph Skidmore, on the Branch. Henry Landisco, Jacob Peters, for Great and Little Mill Creek. Samuel Ferguson allowed £6 for one year. Poor House ordered to be built; land to
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT - 1764-- page 109, Jacob Peters, South B. [Note: South Branch, Potomac River].
- Page 59.--18th November, 1767. John Harrison's estate settlement, recorded--Cash paid Iowel (Joel) Roboson, Thomas Wales. Sold, viz: to John Nedomtoone, John McDonnald, Alex. McDonald, Robert Dickey, Joseph English, John Needham, Jacob Decoson, Jacob Grub, Joseph Langdon, Danl. Prentice, Danl. Ponder, Jonathan Langdon, Jacob Peters.
- Page 108.--17th May, 1768. Sale bill and settlement of estate of Andrew Smith, recorded, Henry Penninger, administrator, c. t. a.--Sold to, viz: Mark Swedley, Joseph Skidmore, Jr., Mathias Dice, Ludwick Wagener, Jones Friend, John Dunkle, Jacob Peters, Philip Props, Powel Shanour, Christian Grace (Grad?), Geo. Dunkle, William Waiett, Christian Rolsman, Valentine Gile, Charles Power, Martin Shob, Leners Seaman.
- Page 239.--17th August, 1769. Settlement recorded of estate of Stephen Conrad (Geo. Conrod, executor)--Paid, viz: Jacob Bear, John Fudge, Jno. Michl. Stophelmire, Mathias Kersh, Michl. Summy, Jno. Seller, Valentine Mitcher, Paul Lingal, Mauks Swadley, Jacob Archinbright, Peter Smith, Saml. Maggot, Michl. Shirley, Jacob Shell, Christian Pikle, Jacob Peters, Conrad Peterfish, George Fullingar, Geo. Mallo.
- Page 340.--21st March, 1775. Catherine Magert's bond (with Jacob Peter. Charles Walker) as administratrix of David Magert.
- Family tree maker. (MyFamily.com, Inc., c2003).
Help fund new features!