John Heinrich 'Henry' Deck
Facts and Events
Heinrich "Henry" Deck was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Land Grant Surveys in Virginia:
- Page 17 - Henry Deck, 50 acres, East side of Curtes (Kirteses) Creek. Adjoining Leonard Painter, Nelson. February 14, 1782. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 102].
- Page 91 - Henry Deck, 20 acres, Curteses (Kirteses) Creek. Adjoining Leonard Painter, Joseph Bier (Byerly), Jacob Deck, in consequence of an entry made by Deck, July 8, 1777. April 23, 1791. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 128]. (Note: the Jacob Deck listed in this record appears to be Henry's son).
Processioning List of 1767/8
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 446.--1767-68: Processioned by John Coutts and John Miller, viz: For John Miller, for John Fudge, for John Munge (Conrad Fudge present), for Geo. Hufman, for Geo. Gunrod, for Henry Dick, for Peter Brunemer, for Henry Lung, for Francis Kirtley, for Christopher Cisling, for Boston Nester, for Jerod Peterfish, for Stephen Hanceberry, for John Sellers, for Jacob Runkle, for Nicholas Null, for Charles Fie, for Daniel Link, for Daniel Price, for David McComis, for John Burk, for Mathias Cersh, for Jacob Hammer
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless otherwise listed)
- Page 21 - Jacob Smith, 60 acres, Curtises (Kirteses) Creel, Adjoining Henry Deck, Nelson. February 15, 1782. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 104].