Facts and Events
In the 1820 Federal Census for Person County NC there are
Archibald, Ebenezer, and Mary Morrow listed in separate households.
Archibald is Ebenezer's son and Mary is Ebenezer's mother.
Records of the Flat River Primitive Baptist Chuch( 1786-1945) in Person County NC:
- Morrow, Ebenezer Joined by Baptism Oct 1824
- Morrow, Martha Joined by Babptism July 1845 at Wolf Springs Arm
- Morrow,Judethean " " " " " " " "
- Morrow, Lura " " " " " " " "
- Ebenezer Murrow and wife Joined Dec 1838 by letter from Stony's Creek Church
- Ebenezer Murrow and wife Patlatiah Dismissed by letter Nov 1845
- Murruow, Pudy & Sarah ditto
- Murrow, Martha ditto (GSM:Probably the wife of Samuel Clement Morrow)
On page 40 of the Person County tax list for 1823 Ebenezer Murrow is
shown with 100 acres and one white poll. This places Ebenezer in Person County in 1823.
- 1820 Person Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 0-10; 1 male 10-16; 1 male 16-26; 1 male 26-45; 1 female 0-10; 1 female 10-16; 1 female 26-45
- 1830 Person Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 0-5; 1 male 5-10; 1 male 30-40; 1 female 0-5; 2 females 5-10; 1 female 10-15; 1 f 30-40
- 1840 Person Co., NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 10-15; 1 male 20-30; 1 male 40-50; 2 females 15-20; 1 female 20-30; 1 female 40-50 (p. 271)
- 1850 Macon, Co., NC: Ebenezer Morrow age 54 Farmer b. Person Co., NC; Politier 68 b. Granville Co., NC; Sarah Clements 40; William Morrow 30; Benjamin 25; John 21; Juda Ann 26; Isabella 22 (Tennessee valley, p. 9, 8/2/1850)
- 1860 Macon Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 64 b. Person Co., NC; Palentine 68 b. Granville Co., NC; William P. 39 Trader b. Person Co., NC; Sarah I. Van Hook * 14 b. Person Co., NC; William T. Van Hook* 13; Susan A. Van Hook * 11; Isabella C. Van Hook* 9 [Children of Ebenezer's daughter Susan] (PO: Tennessee Valley, p. 961)
- 1870 Macon Co, NC: Morrow, E. 74; Palatiah 78; A 15 (Franklin Twp, p. 18)
Will of Ebenezer Morrow as retyped by GSM
I Ebenezer Morrow, of the County of Buncombe, State of North Carolina
declare this to be my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all
former wills by me made.
1. I hereby appoint Wm. H. Hurst executor of this will.
2. I desire that as soon after my decease as practicable my said
executors shall convert all my property of every description into
money, and to this end , I direct that they sell my real estate and
personal property, debt excepted, on such terms and in such manner as
they may think best, and that they collect all my debts,except those
due me at my death from my children and grandchildren which I bequest
to them in addition to the legacies and bequests hereinafter made: And
as my said property shall be converted to money as a foresaid, I
desire that it shall be applied pro rata in payment of the bequests
3. I give and bequeath to my grandson Benjamin Morrow , son of my
deceased son John N