WeRelate:Suggestions/Upgrade MediaWiki


Original Suggestion and Discussion

(I know this has been mentioned in various places, but it wasn't listed here so I thought I'd add it.)

It would be wonderful if MediaWiki could be upgraded to the latest version. It's currently at 1.7.1, which was released on 2006-07-08.

This would make all sorts of things possible, such as API access and a million other things.  :-)

Sam Wilson ( TalkContribs ) … 21:49, 8 March 2012 (EST)

Yes please, per my recent watercooler request re #if: AndrewRT 19:12, 28 May 2012 (EDT)
Any chance of re-opening this request and getting a plan back in place to upgrade the software? I don't think it was ever fully explained to the membership which features would have to be altered to do this and what not doing it means for the future of our data. If an answer and explanation has been posted somewhere, could someone add a pointer please. I can not find a definitive answer. Thank you. --cos1776 23:38, 28 October 2016 (UTC)

Neutral Watchers

2012 Update per Dallan

Status: this will be the primary focus once the source code has been posted to github next month -- see WeRelate:Call for code volunteers

Update - I've been working long hours the last couple of months and will continue at least until the end of October. Posting the code to github is still top of the priority list once work calms down a bit.--Dallan 00:25, 30 September 2012 (EDT)
Sure thing. We all have 'real' lives/jobs/etc!  :-) I've been meaning do get some more work done on my LaTeX exporting script for ages... one of these days... — Sam Wilson ( TalkContribs ) … 05:34, 4 October 2012 (EDT)

2016 Admin Follow up

Related suggestion: WeRelate:Suggestions/Link to Wikimedia images

Status: Pending one final 2016 status update from Dallan.

Suggestion will be rejected and moved to archive if no objection or response is received within 10 days. --cos1776 23:38, 28 October 2016 (UTC)

Drawing attention to the request for a status update (see above). The request was posted as a minor edit and might not have resulted in notifications to all watchers. If no response is received within the next 2 weeks, I will move this request to the rejected list. Thanks--DataAnalyst 23:05, 8 April 2017 (UTC)