Hi! I like family history research :-)
Possible trip in summer 2010
- 25 Apr 2010. Searched for records for Sara Jane Fraysure but found nothing of note.
- 2 Sep 2009. Having reordered Darke County, Ohio birth records 1863-1898 (FHL film #1030768), I searched for a William Poling birth record and found none. There actually weren't any 1864 births recorded as far as I could see. However, I did find a lot of other Polings in the county.
- 29 Jul 2009. Ordered FHL film #0272797 (Pendleton County, Kentucky Marriage Records 1799-1962 General Index -> Verify Tomlin marriage(s)) and FHL film #1433307 (Labette County, Kansas Marriage records 1867-1881 -> get a copy of Stotts/Hudson marriage).
- 18 Jul 2009. At Salt Lake FHL. Looked through Perry County, Ohio "Record of deaths no 1 1867-1941" on 2109295 and "Record of deaths vols 1-3 1867-1908" on 910677. The first is an index of original probate records. The second contains original records with included index. Looked for surnames Beery/Berry, Foreman, Geiger/Giger, and Poling. Scanned a large number of images which remain in my email inbox.
Prioritized items first in order of decreasing importance:
- Order FHL Film #344093 Index to Bracken County, Kentucky Marriage records, 1797-1928 to search for marriage of James William Johnson Bratton and Sara Jane Fraysure in 1889 (supposedly).
- Order FHL Film #912327 and search for a marriage record for William McKinley Poling & Mable Unknown.
- Look for William Poling + Sarah Beery marriage record in Darke County, Ohio Marriage records v. E-F 1878-1886 (FHL film #1030773)
- Document L R Williams's existence.
- Seek a marriage record for Mordecai Tomlin and Elizabeth Barters. Start with the general index to Pendleton County, Kentucky marriage records 1799-1962 (FHL film #272797). That ought to point out the way to go.
- Verify the marriage date of William Stotts and Georgianna Hudson in 1877 by getting FHL film #1433307 "Labette County, Kansas Marriage records Vol. (not numbered) 1867-1870 Vol A-B 1870-1881".
- Try to verify connecting Nancy Geiger with the well-known Christian Geiger on FHL film #1425222 "Descendants of Christian Geiger the immigrant, 1700-1779: A continuing family history".
- Fill in the "Unknown"s in the Bratton marriages.
- Reupload the new Hansen and Watson gedcom. Probably wait until merge-on-upload goes live. I keep on finding substantial branches of our tree that didn't make it into the version I uploaded originally, so I want to upload the latest and greatest and prevent that happening again.
- Figure out if there is anything behind the legend about our ancestor building a yacht for the tsar of Russia and receiving a medal for it. See /Yacht-Builder Legend.
- Get "Parish register printouts of Templemore, Londonderry, Ireland, (Derry Cathedral), christenings, 1642-1703" (FHL Film #933443) to try to clear up some of the mystery surrounding John Rankin.
Things to Reconcile with New Family Search
- Marriage date of Family:John Kyle and Abigail Arnold (1)
Get a copy of the Alfred Williams obituary. Try FHL Film #1398711 Items 2-9 "Obituaries from El Reno newspapers, Canadian County, Oklahoma" -- DONE, see Image:Alfred williams obituary - cropped and straightened.jpg
Re-order Darke County, Ohio birth records 1863-1898 (FHL film #1030768) to investigate the birth of William Poling. -- DONE
On A Visit
If I ever get a chance to visit these places in the future, I plan to take advantage of it. What would I do were I to be in the following locations?
Portal:Cemetery is my evil creation :-)
Help fund new features!