Wood Green was historically a chapelry of the parish of Tottenham. It became a separate parish in 1894, when it was also made an Urban District. In 1933 Wood Green Urban District was incorporated to become Wood Green Municipal Borough. This was abolished in 1965 to become part of the London Borough of Haringey.
Wood Green is a district in north London, England, located in the London Borough of Haringey. It is situated north of Charing Cross, and is located west from Tottenham, south from Palmers Green and north from Harringay. The population, comprising the Noel Park and Woodside wards, was 28,453 in the 2011 census. The area is identified in the London Plan as one of the metropolitan centres in Greater London.