- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
West Cliffe is a village near Dover in the southeastern part of Kent, England.
West Cliffe was a civil parish in Dover Rural District from 1894 until 1934 when it was absorbed into the parishes of St. Margaret's at Cliffe and East Langdon. Since 1974 the area has been part of the Dover non-metropolitan District.
A nineteenth century description
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Westcliffe from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CLIFFE (West), a parish in Dover [registration] district, Kent; on the coast, 2¼ miles NE by N of Dover. Post town, Dover. Acres: 1,194; of which 25 are water. Real property: £1,846. Population: 122. Houses: 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value: £34. Patrons: the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The church is tolerable."
Categories: Kent, England | West Cliffe, Kent, England | St. Margaret's at Cliffe, Kent, England | East Langdon, Kent, England | Dover Rural, Kent, England | Dover (district), Kent, England