|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Runhall, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it merged in 1935|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Welborne is a small village near East Dereham and Norwich in Norfolk, England. It became part of the civil parish of Runhall in 1935.
Its church, All Saints, is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Welborne from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WELBORNE, a parish in Forehoe [registration] district, Norfolk; 3¼ miles NNE of Hardingham [railway] station, and 6½ NNW of Wymondham. Post town: Dereham. Acres: 732. Real property: £1,633. Population: 200. Houses: 41. The manor belongs to J. Cuddon, Esq.; and much of the land, to O. S. Olney, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £250. Patron: the Rev. J. B. Johnson. The church was restored in 1852. There are a national school, and charities £9."
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Welborne. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Welborne, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England | Runhall, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England