|Alt names||Runhal||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Runhala||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Forehoe and Henstead Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1935-1974|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Runhall is a village and civil parish in the South Norfolk District of Norfolk, England. It covers an area of 11.98 km2 (4.63 sq mi) and had a population of 365 in 137 households at the 2001 UK census.
Its church, All Saints, is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.
The civil parish also contains the villages or hamlets of Brandon Parva, Coston and Welborne. These were separate parishes before being merged with Runhall in 1935.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Runhall from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "RUNHALL, a parish in Forehoe [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Blackwater, 1 mile N by E of Hardingham [railway] station, and 5½ N W of Wymondham. Post-town: Wymondham. Acres: 834. Real property: £1,626. Population: 246. Houses: 51. The manor and most of the land belong to the Earl of Kimberley. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Coston, in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £65. The church has a round tower."
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Runhall. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Runhall, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England | Forehoe and Henstead Rural, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England