|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||South Erpingham Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Aylsham Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Burgh and Tuttington, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was merged n 1935|
|Broadland District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tuttington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TUTTINGTON, a parish in Aylsham [registration] district, Norfolk; 4 miles SW of North Walsham [railway] station. Post town, Hevingham, under Norwich. Acres: 830. Real property: £1,289. Population: 202. Houses: 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £124. Patron: the Bishop of [Norwich]. The church is good."
Tuttington was merged with the neighbouring parish of Burgh next Aylsham in 1935 to become the parish of Burgh and Tuttington. This part of Norfolk has been called the Broadland District since 1974.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Tuttington. Some of these lead to free online transcriptions of records.
Categories: Norfolk, England | Tuttington, Norfolk, England | South Erpingham Hundred, Norfolk, England | Aylsham Rural, Norfolk, England | Burgh and Tuttington, Norfolk, England | Broadland District, Norfolk, England