- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Stelling from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles of 1887:
- "Stelling, township, Bywell St Peter par., Northumberland, 8 miles NE. of Hexham, 242 ac., pop. 47; contains Stelling Hall, seat."
Stelling was originally a township in the ancient parish of Bywell St. Peter. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, but in 1955 it was abolished as a civil parish and its area was transferred to Bywell.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.