Place:St. Giles-on-the-Heath, Devon, England

Watchers
NameSt. Giles-on-the-Heath
TypeCivil parish, Village
Coordinates50.689°N 4.32°W
Located inDevon, England
See alsoBroadwoodwidger Rural, Devon, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1894-1966
Holsworthy Rural, Devon, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1966-1974
Launceston Registration District, Cornwall, Englandregistration district of which it was part 1853-1936
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

St Giles on the Heath, sometimes hyphenated as St Giles-on-the-Heath, is a village and civil parish in the far west of Devon, England. It now forms part of the local government district of Torridge. The village is in the east of the parish and lies on the A388 road about eight miles south of the town of Holsworthy. The parish is surrounded clockwise from the north-west by the parishes of Northcott, Luffincott, Ashwater, Virginstow, Broadwoodwidger and Lifton. Its western border follows the River Tamar which forms the county boundary with Cornwall. In 2001 its population was 617, significantly higher than the 258 residents it had in 1901.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at St Giles on the Heath. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.