Broadwoodwidger is now a village and civil parish in the Torridge District of Devon, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 548. The village is just to the north of the A30 road, and is about eight miles east of Launceston in Cornwall, and 13 miles west of Okehampton. Roadford Reservoir, which is also called Roadford Lake, is to the north-east of the village, and the River Wolf passes at the bottom of the hillside on which the village stands.
The name derives from broad wood of the Wyger family and is first documented as Brod(e)wode Wyger in 1306. The manor here passed from the Vypund family to the Wygers before 1273. It was earlier known simply as Broad wood, for example it appears as Bradewode in the Domesday Book of 1086.
Broadwoodwidger was, from 1894 until 1966, part of the rural district of the same name. The boundaries of the rural district were realigned and three of the six parishes were transferred to Cornwall. The remaining parishes were absorbed into Holsworthy Rural District. In 1974 the whole of Holsworthy Rural District became part of the Torridge District.