Snettisham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is located near the west coast of Norfolk, some south of the seaside resort of Hunstanton, north of the town of King's Lynn and north-west of the city of Norwich.
The civil parish has an area of and in the 2001 census had a population of 2374 in 1097 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Though traces of the station and railway line can still be seen the service which was opened in 1862 was terminated in 1969.
The Snettisham Hoard is a series of discoveries of Iron Age precious metal, including nearly 180 gold torques, 75 complete and the rest fragmentary, found in the area between 1948 to 1973. In 1985 there was also a find of Romano-British jewellery and raw materials buried in a clay pot in AD 155, the Snettisham Jeweller's Hoard. Although this latter find has no direct connection with the nearby Iron Age finds, it may be evidence of a long tradition of gold- and silver-working in the area.
Snettisham has a complex entry in the Domesday book where it is divided in ownership between William de Warenne and the Bishop of Bayeux. Related are West Newton and Castle Rising, moreover Weston Longville is said to be in Snettisham's valuation. The name of the manor is spelt in four different ways, two very similar to the present pronunciation, one of Snesham and one of Nestesham.