Satley is a village and civil parish in County Durham, England, with a population of 292 according to the UK census of 2001, falling to 282 at the 2011 Census. It is situated six miles to the south of Consett on the B6296 road near the A68. The village of Satley lies in a narrow valley between Lanchester and Tow Law. It was long ago part of the large ancient parish of Lanchester, but became a parish in its own right in 1834. Today Satley is a thriving village in the farming community.
It became part of the Lanchester Rural District from 1894 until 1974. Between 1974 and 2009 it became part of the larger Derwentside District non-metropolitan district. Since 2009 County Durham has been a unitary authority.