|Alt names||Redlege||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 149|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Kent, England|
|See also||Axstane Dartford and Wilmington Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Dartford Rural, Kent, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1955|
|Ash with Ridley, Kent, England||civil parish it became 1955-1974|
|Sevenoaks District, Kent, England||district municipality to which the parish was transferred in 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Ridley is a small village and former civil parish located in the Sevenoaks District in Kent. It lies between Sevenoaks and Chatham. It shares the parish of Ash with Ridley with the nearby village of Ash.
Ash and Ridley were formerly separate parishes. Both were part of Dartford Rural District (1894-1934) and the Axstane Dartford and Wilmington Hundred. The parish was united with Ash on 1 April 1955, as part of a general revision of boundaries for parishes within Dartford Rural District.
- Kent County Council Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service. James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1LQ. This incorporates the Centre for Kentish Studies in Maidstone and the East Kent Archives Centre near Dover.
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives see the Archives web pages on the Canterbury Catherdral site.
- For information on the area around the Medway Towns, have a look at Medway Council's CityArk site.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Kent illustrates the parish boundaries of Kent when rural districts were still in existence and before Greater London came into being. The map publication year is 1931. An earlier map of 1900 may also be useful. The maps blow up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- Steve Archer has produced a very useful round-up of the available census records for Kent - and where/from whom they are available.
- Registration Districts in Kent for the period 1837 to the present. By drilling down through the links you can follow any parish through the registration districts to which it was attached.
- Bishop's Transcripts for Kent parishes, 1558-1887, can be found on FamilySearch since February 2016
- The Kent Family History Society and the North West Kent Family History Society are the most dominant, but there are also
Categories: Kent, England | Ridley, Kent, England | Axstane Dartford and Wilmington Hundred, Kent, England | Dartford Rural, Kent, England | Ash with Ridley, Kent, England | Sevenoaks District, Kent, England