Redbourn is a village and civil parish in Hertfordshire.
Redbourn is a village and civil parish in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, lying on Watling Street, three miles from Harpenden, four miles from St Albans and five miles from Hemel Hempstead. It has a population of around 6,000 and is within the City of St Albans local government district.
The village has been settled at least since Saxon times and it is recorded in the Domesday Book. Its Parish Church, St Mary's, was built in the early 12th century. Around fifty years later a small priory was founded half a mile away on Redbourn Common, after the abbot of St Albans Abbey decided to hallow the ground. Some bones had been found on the spot, reputed to be of Saint Amphibalus the priest who converted St Alban to Christianity.
In the sixteenth century the manor of Redbourn belonged to the Reade family: Sir Richard Reade, former Lord Chancellor of Ireland, on his death in 1575, left a bequest for the upkeep of the parish.
In 2010, Redbourn's St Marys Church celebrated its 900th Anniversary.