|Alt names||Rabie||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 53|
|Located in||Cheshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Merseyside, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England||metropolitan borough in which it is now located|
|Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1933|
|Bebington, Cheshire, England||municipal borough it joined in 1933|
|Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England||metropolitan borough covering most of the Wirral Peninsula since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Raby was a township in Neston ancient parish, in the Wirral hundred, which became a civil parish in 1866. It included part of the hamlet of Plymyard. The population was 131 in 1801, 195 in 1851, 350 in 1901, and 308 in 1951. At the time of the United Kingdom Census 2001, Raby had a total population of 100.
It was part of the Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1933. In the 1880s it was twice increased in size by annexing portions of the neighbouring parish of Little Neston (279 acres altogether). In 1933 it gained 99 acres from Neston-cum-Parkgate and 60 acres from Willaston. At the same date in 1933 Wirral Rural District was abolished and it was annexed into Bebington Municipal Borough.
In the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974 the entire Wirral Peninsula, with the exception of the municipal borough of Ellesmere Port and urban district of Neston at the southern end, became the Metropolitan Borough of the Wirral in the new administrative county of Merseyside.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Raby, Merseyside.