Place:Plaistow, Kent, England

Watchers
NamePlaistow
TypeArea
Coordinates51.4149°N 0.015°W
Located inKent, England     ( - 1965)
See alsoBromley, Kent, Englandmunicipal borough in which Plaistow was located until 1965
Bromley (London Borough), Greater London, EnglandLondon borough covering the area since 1965
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Plaistow is a locality in the London Borough of Bromley, bordered by the London Borough of Lewisham to the north.

Plaistow was still countryside in the 1860s, when Bromley was still part of the county of Kent. Housing development began after the arrival of the railway. St Mary’s Church was consecrated in 1863 and enlarged three times between 1881 and 1900. The churchyard closed for burials in 1893 when Plaistow Cemetery opened.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Plaistow, Bromley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.