Odstock's parish population was 118 in 1801, 158 in 1901 and 535 in 1971. The 2001 census recorded a parish population of 559.
Odstock Hospital - now Salisbury District Hospital - is famous for its specialist burns and spinal units. The hospital was originally set up during the Second World War by the British Government in 1942. From 1943 this was used by the United States 5th Army Medical Corps and provided support for the Normandy landings in 1944. With the creation of the National Health Service in 1948, Odstock Hospital was selected to house the new regional Plastic and Oral Surgery Centre providing care for patients in five counties.
What is now the Yew Tree Inn was a pair of 18th century cottages. George Ford is listed as a beer retailer and shopkeeper in Odstock in 1875 and is likely the first Landlord of the Inn.
Oliver Cromwell is said to have stayed in Odstock in a 17th-century house that was once an inn called the Parsonage.
Odstock Grade II* listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Mary. Originating in the 12th century, it was partially re-built by James Fowler of Louth in 1870. The previous year Fowler added to the 1816 Odstock Rectory.
At the Church there is the grave of Joshua Scamp who, to protect his daughter, took the blame for his son-in-law's theft of a horse, and was hanged. Legend has it that after Joshua's death a Gypsy curse was put on the Church.
The Grade II listed Odstock Manor is the home of Lord (Jonathan) Marland.