Norton is a village and ancient parish in the north of Hertfordshire. Much of the land in the parish was purchased in 1903 for the development of Letchworth Garden City, which now covers most of the three former parishes of Letchworth, Willian and Norton. The civil parish of Norton was abolished in 1908, becoming part of an enlarged parish (later Urban District) of Letchworth.
Norton is a small village in Hertfordshire, one of the three original villages which were absorbed into Letchworth Garden City, the other two being Willian and Old Letchworth. The village is known to have existed by 1007, with remains of the medieval settlement visible as earthworks in a field beside the church. However, the history of the village goes back even further than that.