North Tamerton (Cornish: Tre war Damer) is a civil parish and village in east Cornwall, England. The village is situated approximately eight miles (13 km) southeast of Bude and eight miles (13 km) north of Launceston.
North Tamerton is a thinly populated rural parish and was in the District of Stratton from 1974 until 2009. (Cornwall is now a unitary authority.) It is bounded to the east by the River Tamar which delineates Cornwall's border with Devon, but the border extends across the river making North Tamerton the only parish in Cornwall which extends east across the Tamar. North Tamerton is the only village in the parish, the other settlements being farmsteads and hamlets.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article North Tamerton.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.