- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Morningthorpe is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated some south of the city of Norwich. Besides the village of Morningthorpe itself, the parish also includes the village of Fritton. The two villages are 1 km apart.
The civil parish has an area of and in the 2001 census had a population of 253 in 94 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of South Norfolk.
The churches of Morningthorpe St John the Baptist and Fritton St Catherine are two of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Morningthorpe. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901