- source: Family History Library Catalog
Fritton was a separate civil parish until 1935 when it was absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Morningthorpe.
It has been named Fritton-by-Morningthorpe here to differentiate from Fritton and St Olaves, a parish south of Great Yarmouth that was in Suffolk until 1974, and also from a village in the parish of Ludham, north of Great Yarmouth, formerly in Smallburgh Rural District.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fritton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FRITTON, a parish in Depwade [registration] district, Norfolk; 3½ miles E by S of Forncett [railway] station, and 6½ N of Harleston. Post town: Long Stratton. Acres: 889. Real property: £1,974. Population: 235. Houses: 52. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £257. Patron: Edward Howes, Esq. The church is good; and there are a national school and townlands £34."
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Fritton-by-Morningthorpe. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901