The parish includes the villages of Ludgvan, Crowlas, Canon's Town and Long Rock. It is bounded by the parishes of Towednack and Lelant to the north, Madron and Penzance to the west, by St Erth, St. Hilary and Marazion to the east and by the sea to the south.
Ludgvan village is physically split between the area known as Churchtown, situated upon the hill, and Lower Quarter to the east, adjoining Crowlas.
Ludgvan civil parish was also an urban district between 1894 and 1934. In 1934 the urban district was abolished and the parish became part of West Penrith Rural District.