Linkinhorne (in Cornish Lanngynhorn) is a civil parish and village in southeast Cornwall, England. The village itself is approximately four miles (6.5 km) northwest of Callington and seven miles (11 km) south of Launceston.
As well as Linkinhorne itself, other settlements in the parish include Bray Shop, Caradon, Downgate, Henwood, Ley Mill, Minions, Plushabridge, Rilla Mill and Upton Cross.
The area is bordered by the River Inny in the north-east and River Inny to the west. The valley of the River Lynher runs through the parish. Linkinhorne parish is within the Deanery and Hundred of East and is bounded on the north by North Hill and Lezant, on the east by Stoke-Climsland and South Hill, on the south and west by St. Ive and St. Cleer. The name Linkinhorne means church site (Lann) of Kenhoarn. In the Domesday Book, the manor is referred to as Resleston (town by the ford) (or Rillaton).
Linkinhorne was part of the Liskeard Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.